Today marks 10 months that this little girl has been here with us! I can't believe it has been 10 months already! It feels like she was just tiny and new last week, but it also feels like she has been here forever!
This past month we worked really hard on getting June on a better sleep schedule! The late bed times, and 3 naps a day were doing no one any good! So after one of her days at Grandma Carole's I decided it was time to be hardcore mom! I had researched 9 mo old schedules, asked my friends, and asked my family! It was time to do it, time to put her down awake... DUN DUN DUN!!!!! I had always rocked my baby to sleep, and truthfully I loved doing it! I loved the snuggling and quit time to enjoy her and think about all the great things, but it wasn't doing much for June's sleep. So the next day, I put her down for her first nap at 10:30 wide awake. I left the room feeling like a bad parent, with giant tears rolling down her face, and listened to the monitor. After about 15 minutes she fell asleep!!! I did it! I felt like I had accomplished something huge!!!!! The next nap time, around 2:30, we did it again!!!! Then around 9 we did it again!!!!! Now she goes down with no crying, grabs her Minnie Mouse and her "big fluffy" and with a smile on her face, drifts off to dreamland! It is the greatest accomplishment since giving birth! So weird but sooo true!
Bug is all over the place! Climbing up on everything, grabbing everything in arms length, un-organizing every little thing, and wanting everything Ryan and I have! She is so much fun, but we are exhausted everyday!
She has two teeth now, her bottom two central's! It took forever but my baby finally has teeth! They are adorable! I love her toothy little grin! She looks so different to me now she has teeth! Teething sucks though, downright sucks! I hate it, the puking, whining, gnawing, crying, stuffy/runny nose, fevers, it all sucks!
Tantrums and more frequent these days. Luckily she gets over them relatively quickly though! I can tell you I am not excited for the increased frequency of these in the upcoming years. My mom claims I did not through fits, I say ha! I remember my fits, which makes me think that as a mother I will forget the rough moments and remember the great!
June is the best! I catch myself dancing with her to Mickey Mouse club house, sharing almost all my food with her, and making big plans for her future! She is pure joy! I am so glad she is here, and she is the way she is! Perfect! I have never been so happy in my life! Being a parent sure is hardwork, but the best thing I've ever done!




No comments:
Post a Comment