Monday, November 28, 2011

a bun in the oven

wow… that first 3 months flew by, granted we weren’t aware I was pregnant until I was 5 weeks along.  Thanks to a little miracle pill named Zofran, this pregnancy has been a breeze.  I have been able to enjoy most of this time being pregnant, minus the busy season with work, and the severe change of my skin… let’s just say my t zone is like the Mojave desert, and without lotion all over my body it feels like my clothes are made of needles.  In fact I think the biggest change has been my love affair with lotion.  If you know me, you know I absolutely HATE lotion, it makes me sticky… whelp not anymore. 

I hope Ryan has been able to enjoy it,  but something tells me that when I bawl (and I mean bawl)  because of a Taylor Swift song, he secretly wants to run away for 15-20 minutes.  He never does, and he always at lest tries are to suppress his laughter.  He has been a very good assistant to the pregnant. 

Junior Mints, mashed potatoes (and I mean REAL mashed potatoes, not the KFC crap), root beer, pickles, sauerkraut, and good old fashioned diet coke (the caffeine free kind of course) have all been part of the must haves.

Other than the few times we have seen the little nugget, I keep trying to remind myself I am pregnant.  The sneaking fat thoughts have riddle my mind, and I have a slight feeling of claustrophobia when thinking that for the next 6 months, I cannot do a thing to rid my body of this extra weight, that will just keep coming, and coming.  I have always had the option to lose weight when I really wanted to, but nope, not now.  Kind of stressful, but sort of nice… nope more stressful.

All in all I have to remember to enjoy the ride, and forget the stress.  We will never be fully prepared to be parents, there will never be enough money in this world to spoil this bean the way I prefer (thank god for grandma’s!), I will get bigger… and bigger… and bigger, I will wreck my young body, but I will have the best thing in the world to show for all of it.  Our Baby Bonner.

image

1 comment:

  1. We are so excited for you guys. I cant wait to meet the little peanut. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete